Respecting your Privacy
Latent Investments Pty Ltd t/as Hotham Central Supermarket is committed to supporting the Privacy of all our staff and customers. This policy outlines our personal information practises.
What kind of Information to we collect
So that we can provide services to you, we may ask for personal details such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. Some examples of where we may need these details are, home delivery of groceries and loyalty discounts. Privacy law requires us to collect personal information about you only from you if it is reasonable and practical to do so.
The personal information that we ask for is generally used to provide goods or services to you.
We may also use your personal information in other ways to provide you with a better service. This may include using your personal information to advise you of new products and services. You have the right to tell us that you do not want us to send information to you other than for the main purpose for which we have collected your personal details.
Our respect for our customers’ right to privacy of their personal information is paramount. We have policies and procedures to ensure that all personal information, no matter how or where it is obtained, is handled sensitively and securely.
Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, we may collect and hold other types of personal information. For example, information collected and held via our secure financial systems about the debit or credit card you might use for your purchases from us.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
Collection of personal information – When we collect personal information about you, we do so by making a record of it.
We do this when:
- You register with us, for example to create an account on our online website or to send you information;
- You communicate with us over the phone or online;
- You deal with us in other ways involving a need for personal information to be provided for us assist for information or to help solve an issue.
Most of the personal information we collect and hold about you is from your direct dealings with us. Personal information we hold is generally stored in computer systems. Our information is held by stringent security requirements aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorised access.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
When we collect, hold and use your personal information, we do so primarily to sell and promote goods and services and to improve on the range of our offerings. For example:
- To learn of customers preferences so that we may stock and have a range of a particular product or grocery line
- To assist in investigating complaints and enquiries.
- We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law.
You may opt out of any marketing by emailing us on email@example.com.